Gamer. Youtuber. Parent. Nerd.... heavy emphasis on the Nerd part.
You know me… I love a good space game. I also love a good management game. Hand me a space themed management game, like Mars Horizon, and I’m like a kid in a candy shop!
What is Mars Horizon?
According to the developers… “In Mars Horizon, you take control of a major space agency, leading it from the dawn of the space age through to landing astronauts on Mars. Guide your agency through the space race and write your alternate history of space travel – any of the agencies can be the first to land on The Moon if you make the right choices. Manage the numerous challenges faced then and now:
- Create your base with launch pads, research labs, astronaut training facilities, and much more
- Construct your own custom vehicles from hundreds of combinations
- Launch satellites and crewed spacecraft to explore the Solar System
- Run mission control as you solve the various challenges of turn-based missions to earn scientific advancement and public support
- Explore an extensive tech tree and compete or collaborate with other agencies to plot your roadmap to Mars
- Choose from five unique space agencies, each with their own traits, base, vehicles, and spacecraft
- Create your own custom space agency
You’re in charge of every element of the journey into space: success rides on your decisions.”
Unlike games like Kerbal Space Program, Mars Horizon centres primarily around the mission to Mars. Other developers have attempted games in this genre, such as Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager, and the more recent Space Company Simulator. Having played those games, they lack… something. It’s hard to put your finger on what it is, but there’s something missing. Let’s hope Auroch Digital can fill that void!
I can’t yet! The beta hasn’t started yet! But it’s coming on April 27th and I will make every effort to run a First Play livestream on that day so you guys can see it with me. Make sure you’re following at https://twitch.tv/ellitopiagaming to get notified.
We do however have some screenshots and a beta video to whet our appetites. The game looks very pretty, and with the Support of the European Space Agency (ESA) it looks like the models have been developed to be realistic.
The beta will allow us to experience the journey as far as the Moon. The full game takes us to Mars and beyond.
- Undertake 14 milestone missions (out of 36 in the full game)
- Choose to take on approximately 30 optional request missions
- 3 playable space agencies: ESA, NASA and Russia (5 in the full game)
- Approximately 8 hours gameplay
- Dozens of rocket parts, upgrades and payloads to research
- Multiple buildings to unlock and construct
- Hire, fire and even rename astronauts
- Exciting narrative twists which can aid or hinder your goals
Once we’ve had a chance to play I’ll post a full review, but in the interim, check out their website and sign up for updates yourself at https://www.aurochdigital.com/marshorizonvideogame
You must log in to post a comment.